Friday, February 29, 2008

The World is Teasing Me?

So I've had the house on the market since the beginning of August. For the first five months, I had three showings. For those that don't know, that's beyond bad. Four a week is the norm.

With the market the way it is, I now have it listed for $11,000 LESS than what I paid for it six years ago. For those that don't know, that's beyond bad. Average amount of equity in a house after six years is 25%. I'm clocking in around 8%.

Since I lowered the price, the amount of showings have increased to 4-5 a week. Which is fantastic. It's almost been two months at this price, with a good 40 people having trucked through it. Had only one offer for $30,000 less than what I was asking. I instructed my my realtor to counter offer $5,000 more than the listed price. For those that don't know, this counter offer was effectively "the bird" of counter-offers.

So I've been on the market for jobs since October. I've been steadily getting calls. About three or four a week, asking for my resume, seeing what I'm into, etc... I've only had one interview.

As near as I can tell, the vast majority of the jobs that I've applied for have never been filled. The postings show closed, but my people on the inside tell me that they never even had interviews, the position just vaporized. I've never seen anything like this happen on this scale before in the 20 years I've been employed. Things look beyond bad out there.

So all these showings, all these phone calls... it's like the world is teasing me. My money is only going to last another month... WTF?

8 comments:

Funky D said...

As Pac would say, keep your head up. All of these (as of yet) unsuccessful viewings and phonecalls just mean that you're more and more DUE.

dsexpzcs: I'm just amazed that "sex" turned up in the verification. I dunno, sex with a Pollock?

Unknown said...

Andrew gives wack advice. However, he is correct this time.

Anonymous said...

This won't pay your bills but... Happy Birthday!

[worker's kehnpensation]

Unknown said...

Actually you can parlay that into all sorts of free ice cream and shit. Just work up the chain of trade and barter and soon it WILL pay the rent.

Remember: Andrew is the one with wack advice.

"hhhuxyah" -- too good for me to ruin it with one particular reading

Unknown said...

The world is a VAMPIRE!!!

Poobis said...

It sure is Billy. It sure is...
(rofl)

Unknown said...

VAMPIRES IS KILLING THIS BLOGZ!!!!1

DAVEKWON said...

i prefer vumpirez to vampires.