Monday, February 18, 2008

Techie Rant

Sorry for the mini-hiatus there. I had to reload everything on my laptop which took two days. I upgraded from Windows Vista back to Windows XP. Yeah, I meant upgraded.

I really don't have enough bad things to say about Vista. I can barely come up with one redeeming quality or any single feature that is remotely worth buying it for. The fact that I only had the choice of paying 1/3 of the price of this ThinkPad on Vista Home or Vista Ultimate when I bought it makes me even more bitter. The software isn't even worth pirating.

I ran it for 5 months. It's not like I didn't try to make it work. It's just that bad. I'd try to unzip a file, explorer would crash. I'd be copying files from one drive to another... crash. I've never had so many freeze ups and major program crashes in all the years of my dealing with computers. As a matter of fact, I can't recall the last time "explorer.exe" crashed, in 95, 98, 2000, or XP.

Sorry for the techie rant... It cost me two days worth of job hunting to get a useable computer again.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I'm glad that you finally bit the bullet and upgraded. You've been grousing about that platform for months.