Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Been a long while...

I killed the Ego Center nearly two years ago.

The old Ego Center computer has been reallocated to the recording studio and all the archives are backed up in triplicate for posterity. I decided that despite the reduced control and functionality, blogspot was a whole lot more reliable than my old AMD machine/Road Runner combo.

Many have asked why I killed the old blog. I blame the abandonment of Keynesan economics for the rediculous Supply-side economic theory... or maybe I was just busy as hell and couldn't be bothered with telling the whole world about it.

Well at that particular time, work became a nightmare. As the number of hours that I spent working rose, the amount of recognition for the work dropped considerably. I had recieved a barely inflationary raise for an average of 55 hours a week. I hadn't realized that when my coworker and I were working 36 hour weekends, he was getting most of the credit.

When that co-worker became my boss about eight months later it all became a little clearer.

Almost as soon as he accomplished this, he went on a long, drawn out disinformation and out-and-out slander campaign against me. He played it off by being visibly worried and concerned about "what to do about Poobis." He'd pull anyone who'd listen to him aside and make up something that I did wrong and ask advice. He pulled people in by feigning trust, and spread a feedback-loop set of lies around to key powers in the office.

In the end when he went to HR, the only version of the truth that was told was his. I wasn't even offered a rebuttal.

What was this guy's motivation you ask? I threatened him.

Not physically, or violently of course. He knew I was the only one who wasn't intimidated by him. Even his boss is bullied by him. Which I find sadly humorous.

So my meeting with HR was four months ago and i still haven't been able to retrieve all of my personal property from this guy.

I'm not bitter.

Acutally this little vacation has been quite nice. I haven't had this much time off since I was four years old.

No comments: